Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Desserts

Sorry for the lack of posts this past month, it's definitely not because there wasn't anything to post, but more so not enough time to do everything. I promise to be better at this from now on.
Enough apologies let's get to the sweets. A few weeks ago we had a small dinner party with our neighbors which have become our bffs, so while my dad BBQ ed, my mom got the sides together, I got to the desserts. I wanted something simple but super delicious. I decided to do 2 desserts to satisfy everyone's pallet.




The first dessert I decided on were individual cheesecakes w/ fresh strawberries. These are super quick and easy, especially since you bake them in cupcake pans lined with cupcake liners.



Closeup of the goodness...



For the chocoholics I made some brownies with walnuts. After searching high and low, countless trial runs of different recipes I finally found my favorite recipe for the perfect brownies! These puppies are super moist, fudgy, yet firm enough to grab a hold without evidence on your fingers. I was told these were the best I've made to date, but that they needed way more walnuts! (Fathers...always the critics)


So there you have it, I'm not just a one trick pony...I can do other things aside from cakes and cookies! Have a good Monday all!
-Chris-

No comments:

Post a Comment