Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Last week being teacher appreciation week my cousin Cindy asked if I could do some cookie bouquets for her kid's teachers. Having wanted to use some of my under-utilized cutters I quickly said yes! Finally I was able to use my apple cutter, I swear when I first bought it I though it would come in more handy...guess not, until now. Aside from the apple I included a chalk board (so I could write the message and teacher name), a star w/ grade, a pencil would be cool, and a ruler! Things went pretty easily until it came to the pencil cookie, when it came to finding a cutter for it they were super expensive so I made a template and cut-out each one. After icing with royal and drying, Cindy brought over the flower pots and ribbons so that I could assemble. Here is how they turned out...
I thought it weird that these kids had 5 teacher between the two of them. I guess things change.
Here is a close-up of the cookies.

Pencil Cookies,

Apples (originally I wanted to have a worm coming out of the apple, but some people thought it would be a little gross so I left that out),

Chalk Boards,

Stars,

and finally Rulers!


That's it for these cookies, hope you all liked them!
Have a Great Weekend!
Luv,
-Chris-


2 comments:

  1. These look so professional! Seriously, even I wouldn't want to eat one cause they look too cute!

    ReplyDelete