Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cupcake Cafe!

I love going out of town, for one I get away from craziness at the office as well as getting away from studying, but my favorite part about vacays is going out to each at different places. On Monday, Roxann took me to some of the most delicious places, all new to me. We started the day by having lunch at this cute sushi place called Japaneros. It was delicious sushi, and the lunch special was packed with so much food. I had an oshi salad (mixed greens, radish sprouts, croutons all in peanut dressing), crab puffs, and a mount fuji roll (smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado, w/ spicy sauce)...and get this all for $18 bucks. Try it, you'll love it. But the highlight of the day (aside from the concert) was our trip to the Cupcake Cafe! It's a cute little shop that specializes in anything cupcake, they also have a wide lunch selection, maybe on my next trip I can try it out ( HINT HINT Roxann!).
Look at Roxann race to get into the place!
To choose a cupcake was quite difficult they had such a variety. To name a few they had, Strawberry, Turtle, Red Velvet, Chocolate, Orange Dream, Coconut, the list continues. After much consideration, and with help from Roxann, I settled on the All American Cupcake. It's a lovely combo of Yellow Cake and Red Velvet topped AND filled with cream cheese icing. What goes better with cupcakes than a nice glass of milk...which we had.
Mmmmm cupcakes!


I don't know if you can handle this but here goes, aside from the large and regular size cupcakes you can also purchase this mammoth masterpiece! This cupcakes is done with the Wilton cupcake cake pan. It's normally a two piece pan set, but the lady behind the counter said that they only use the bottom portion and then ice it. Makes sense otherwise that's a lot of cake!


Once finished ordering and got our goodies we sat down to devour them! Here's a glimpse of the experience.

The All American Cupcake...very patriotic huh?

Roxann got Strawberry.


Take a peek at the inside.


I wasn't joking when I said it was filled with icing.

Uh oh...all gone except for a little bit of frosting. You can't help eating all of a good cupcake!


So if you are ever in the Sugarland area and have a sweet craving stop in and check out Cupcake Cafe. You won't regret it!
Later,
-Chris-








No comments:

Post a Comment