Friday, April 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Recently I was able to make an extended weekend trip to Houston to see some of my close friends who have up and left the valley....I also went to the Britney concert (soooo good!). For the first half of my stay I was with my friends Anikka and Bob, then on sunday I switched host families and was with Roxann and Zach. Now Roxann is a deaf education teacher in Sugarland, and she is always talking about her adorable kids and such so I had the brilliant idea to make them cookies; it was also a ploy to get them to like me, apparently they don't take well to new people so why not bride them! Seeing how i didn't have any recipes (impromptu baking gotta love it) I decided to make the ever so delicious Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. Rox and I went to H.E.B. that evening and got all the stuff we needed.
Here's how it all went down...


adding the whole bag of chips
No no no Roxann...we do not eat raw dough especially from the spoon!

All mixed and ready for scooping


First tray ready for the oven!


Look at those beauties...now to keep Zach's hands off of them!


OH NO... we are running out!


Finally finished, don't they look delicious. OMG what's that bottle doing there?


Ok ok, while Roxann and I were at H.E.B. buying all the stuff we stopped by the wine section and bought ourselves a nice bottle of Brachetto wine, it said it paired well with seafood and desserts...hello we were making cookies. So classy wine and cookies.


I could have sworn those glasses were full a minute ago.

The bottle before we trashed it.

Now I don't know about you but i love a nice presentation so Roxann busted out a cake dome they got as a wedding gift and I arranged all the cookies in there. Man with those granite counter tops it looks so Bistro-ish.

Well that's it for now. I'd highly recommend y'all try these cookies out, they are super easy and quick to make. Follow the link to get the recipe... http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18476

Take care,
-Chris-

No comments:

Post a Comment